Effective immediately, both UPS and FedEx have suspended their delivery guarantees for their regular shipping services. While both companies will be making every effort to deliver products on time, the volume of packages combined with closures throughout the country mean that that delivery time cannot not be guaranteed. UPS and FedEx are still operational and delivering packages to the best of their abilities.
Additionally, both UPS and FedEx have suspended signature requirements in order to minimize contact between delivery personnel and customers. In the event that a recipient is closed, UPS and FedEx will also hold undeliverable packages for up to 9 days before returning the package to the sender.
You can read details of the UPS COVID-19 policies here:
You can read details of the FedEx COVID-19 policies here:
Marine Parts Source continues to operate from all of our locations in accordance with Federal and State guidelines, and we have implemented strict operational procedures to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers. You can read more about our efforts to protect you while still delivering the products and service you need below.
March 24, 2020
To our valued customers:
We are living in unprecedented times, and we hope that you all are taking the proper precautions to ensure your own safety as well as those of your families. We also want to give you an update on how Marine Parts Source is doing our part to protect our customers and our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you may be aware, several states throughout the United States have issues "Stay-at-Home" orders restricting businesses from operating unless they qualify as essential. Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin are all states in which we operate that have issued this type of order, and we expect that Tennessee and Florida will also make similar decisions soon. Marine Parts Source is doing all that we can to comply with - and even beyond - these instructions to ensure safety and health of our customers and our employees. Even with these orders, Marine Parts Source is still open and able to conduct normal operations, providing you with the parts and service that you need.
Our top priority is to maintain a safe working environment for our employees and customers. We will not sacrifice anyone's health or safety in the name of continuing our normal business. Over the past several weeks, we have made significant changes to how we do business in order to keep people safe and healthy while still serving our customer.
Marine Parts Source has taken the following steps:
- We have moved much of our staff at all five of our locations to work remotely from home. Sales and administrative personnel are able to conduct their jobs like normal, still answering your calls, taking your orders and providing you the answers you need.
- We are allowed under all state mandates to keep a minimal group of employees present at each of our locations. We have reduced the number of on-site employees to comply with state directives, in some cases altering employee schedules in order to meet those minimum standards. We are still able to ship orders at all locations with these minimal staffs present.
- Social distancing is being strictly enforced at all locations for employees who are continuing to report to our facilities. All employees are maintaining at least a 6-foot distance from one another. For those employees reporting to our facilities, we have rearranged work spaces to maximize distance between people.
- Shared surfaces are being cleaned and sanitized daily, and sanitizing chemicals are being provided throughout all our facilities.
- The inside of all locations have been closed to public traffic. Order pickups can still be conducted by calling ahead. We can arrange pickup of your order outside our facility at a predetermined location, minimizing the need for you to interact with our staff in person.
We encourage all of our customers to follow the guidelines of federal and local governments, and please take this event seriously. By working together (but staying apart!), we will overcome this challenging time and move forward into a brighter future!
Marine Parts Source